Skip to main content

I'm Just Here for the Carnage - RoboGames 2007



So here I am in San Francisco, right on the water at Fort Mason for one of the "top geek events" in the U.S. (as proclaimed by Wired magazine).  Let me tell you, if you've never had a cocktail mixed by a robot, you haven't lived.

Last night, some dudes brought in a serious robot - a biotech machine - that allowed them to make perfectly-layered B-52 shots.  Each layer was measured out in picalitres.

Today, Roboexotica's Cockbot 1 is mixing and serving daquiris, Campari/oranges, and screwdrivers.


This is actually Cockbot 1.

I can't wait for tonight, when a flamethrowing 151 and Kahlua bot will be shooting a yard's worth of fire to ignite highly-flammible liquor.

Stay tuned...

Comments

bereweber said…
so do you get Robo-drunk with one of those cocktails? the photos are great! the 1st one is so scary! he's damn mad, be careful with those robots...

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence - Microsoft - DAT263x on edX

Recently, my company encouraged us to learn more about Azure ML Studio.  A little Googling led me to a course on edx.org offered by Microsoft called Introduction to Artificial Intelligence .  While it was at least 50% advertisement for some of Microsoft's cloud-based AI offerings, it was definitely worth the 10 or so hours I put into it over the last 24 hours. This was a fairly high-level course that discussed aspects of statistical techniques like regression, categorization and clustering, as well as more advanced concepts including artificial intelligence (AI), natural language processing (NLP), and chatbots.  Overall, what I learned wasn't so much about these topics, but how much Microsoft's ML Studio has to offer in the way of getting you up and running quickly and easily with these technologies. Having said that, it's Microsoft, and there were several things that didn't work as they should have, as I expected.  Full disclosure:  I'm an AWS certified

Boston Housing Dataset Missing From UC Irvine's Site

I'm putting together a series of blog posts on Python for R programmers, and I figured I'd use the Boston dataset of Boston housing prices.  It's a pretty well-known dataset for regression, and it's included in R in the MASS package and in Python in sklearn.datasets .  I know the data originally came from UCI, so I wanted to give credit where credit was due. When I clicked the first few Google links that appeared, I got this message on the UCI site: I'm sorry, the dataset "housing" does not appear to exist. Weird that they're not linked at all, but I found these links. Here's the link to the dataset in their archive. Here's the link to the data dictionary. Enjoy!